Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Thursday, July 22, 2010

SOFTPENCIL THURSDAY!

Hi everyone.  Whew, I am tired.  I want to apologize to all my friends in blogland.  If I haven't commented on your blogs in the past couple weeks, I am so sorry.  I LOVE to visit everyone's blogs and see your AMAZING projects and leave you LOVE, but between family being in town and a bit of traveling, I haven't been as diligent with my comments as I would like to be.  The GOOD NEWS is that starting tomorrow, all visiting family will be on their way home (we will miss them terribly, however) and the kids and I are "off" next week - no camps, no commitments, etc.  So, by the weekend for sure, I will be back to doing my commenting.  Thanks for sticking with me.

So, now it's time for SOFTPENCIL THURSDAY.  Make sure you check out SOFTPENCIL BLOG to see all the NEW and EXCITING things going on at SOFTPENCIL and also the challenges we are currently sponsoring.  You'll also want to visit SOFTPENCIL SHOP to see all the new stuff being offered!  In addition, we'd LOVE for you to stop by SOFTPENCIL GROUP ON PCP and chat, see a few tutorials and even pick up some FREEBIES!!

This week, the DT got to work with another one of SOFTPENCIL's new digi sentiments.  I LOVE these sentiments and the cute images that accompany them.
For my card, I used SU Chocolate chip, soft suede and wild wasabi.  I colored the SOFTPENCIL image with Copics and Atyou Spicas and sprayed it with Memories Mist irradescent spray for a glitterly look.  Wild wasabi embossed with Cuttlebug folder and soft suede embossed with Quickutz folder.  Fabric brads are from Basic Grey.  There is faux stitching around the edge of the chocolate chip base, but it's really hard to see.  I'm really happy with how this card came together, please let me know what you think:)

This card was also made for the following challenges:
CARD PATTERNS -sketch
PAPERTAKE WEEKLY - cutie patootie
CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS - color challenge - mint and chocolate

10 comments:

Me said...

What a beautiful card,love the sentiment.

Grtzz Marjon

fairie said...

Super cute card. I love the colors and how you embossed it.

Unknown said...

Hi Audrey,
Lovely card hun, great colours and fab embossing. Love those buttons.
Hugs
Dawn x

Lisa Atha said...

Cute card Audrey, love the layout and colors that you used!

Lisa

Michelle said...

Cute card, Audrey! I saw that sketch and wasn't sure what to do with it...great job! Enjoy your "relaxing" week :)

Cindy N. said...

This card is fantastic. The layering of paper and textures. The colors are perfect. Fantastic!

Kerry said...

Hey Audrey, beautiful card!!! Love the embossed background and love the super sweet brads!!! Too cute!

Fink said...

I love the embossed background as well plus it reminds me of a mint cookie!

Anne-Marije said...

Oh what a lovely card!
xxx Anne-Marije

Stampin'Piper said...

Great card! Love the embossed background!

Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week!

Hugs Tanja