Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Saturday, September 18, 2010

CHARACTER CAFE SKETCH CHALLENGE!!

Time for another FEATURE FRIDAY at CHARACTER CAFE BLOG.  Be sure to head on over the pick up the sketch we're working with this week and also to add your link to the challenge using our Linky Tool.  You have until 10pm next Thurs., Sept. 23.  I know my post is a bit late, but I got to work on my card while stamping with friends last night, and that was "just what the dr. ordered" - prior to that, I had a MAJOR lack of mojo!  Anywho, just want to remind you that although CHARACTER CAFE images are not required for our challenges, we sure do LOVE to see them and you can find some FREEBIES at CHARACTER CAFE SHOP.
The CHARACTER CAFE image I used here is called "Shelby."  I have to say that I'm not much of a car person, but I really enjoyed coloring this image and am VERY PLEASED with how it turned out.  I colored it with Copics and Atyou Spicas and cut out with Nellie's die and daubed with SU old olive.  I also used old olive to daub over embossed dots on red paper.  Scallop border cut with Fiskars punch.  Buttons from Denami Designs.  Sentiment from Unity, stamped in Memento rich brown ink and cut with scissors.  Embossing on red layer done with Sizzix die.

The challenges I entered with this card are:
MAMI DOODLES - red and for a boy
THE STAMP MAN - distressing
FUSSY & FANCY - Christmas colors
PILE IT ON - birthday for OWH
STAMP, SCRAP & DOODLE - birthday for OWH
MARK'S FINEST PAPERS - birthday for OWH
CARDS & THINGS - old olive, daffodil delight, rose red, kraft
CREATIVE COTTAGE - birthday boy
AI FACTORY CHALLENGE - for the boys

22 comments:

Brennen said...

Awesome! I'm not real fond of car images either but combined with the sentiment you chose and the colors, I really like it. Thanks for sharing. :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Perfect man card!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this fabulous masculine birthday card!!

Thank you so much, Audrey, for creating this sensational birthday card for Operation Write Home and the Friends of Speedy the Cat's OWH birthday challenge!

Rosalee said...

Great looking Masculine card. Its so hard to make cards for the guys these day. You did a fantastic job Audrey.
Hugs, Rosalee

Harriet Skelly said...

What a great masculine BD card! I love that car! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun masculine card~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!!

Anonymous said...

great card Audrey!
Thanks for playing with us this week at AiFactory!
--Tammy

Cor* said...

Great male card, I gotta get me doing some of these. LOVE the wheels. Thank you for playing with Christmas colors this fortnight at Fussy & Fancy. Good luck.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

great card for a guy for sure! I think any man would want a Shelby and you have oolored it so wonderfully! Thanks for playing with AiF this week! It is good to see you here!

redwasher1 said...

My hubby would love this!! Fantastic card.
Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Great card.Thanks for joining us at Mami Doodles.Elisa B.x

racinggrandma61 said...

Great job Audrey. I do love the colors that you used. TYSVM for playing with us at AiF and please be sure to play again.

Laralee DT

Renee said...

Thanx for joining us on AiFactory this week. I'm sure all the guys would love to have a car like that!!
Renee :)

Krista said...

Great card, thanks for playing along !!

Sue said...

Hi Audrey
fabulous card for a male, great image,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Dragon said...

good work... Thanks very much for playing with the Stampman theme this time
Frankie
xx

Mami Doodles said...

Great card, thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. Thanks for joining us at AiFactory.

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab manly b'day card....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends and supporting OWH

Stampin Mindy said...

Love the buttons great card!

Thanks for joining us a F&F Friday!

Hugs, Mindy

Unknown said...

Very pretty! We'd love it if you considered entering some of your pretty projects in our challenges at Papercraft Star and there is still time to get in on our $25.00 gift certificate too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/lets-celebrate-early-enter-our-2500.html

Deirdre said...

Great card - Thanks so much for playing along with the Mami Doodles Challenge.