Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Thursday, July 27, 2017

MISTI MERMAID from Digi Doodle Studios

Hi everyone and Happy Thursday to you all.  I am here to share my latest creation using an image from Digi Doodle Studios Shop.  I hope you are having a fabulous week and have had time to stop by Digi Doodle Studios Shop and check out all the amazing products.   Our super talented artist and owner, Dina, is adding adorable new digi stamps and awesome digital paper sets all the time, so make sure to pay a visit to Digi Doodle Studios Shop!

Today I am excited to share my latest creation, this time using Misti Mermaid digi.   I loved working with this image because it allowed me to try some different coloring techniques.

Misti Mermaid Digi Doodles Digi Stamp Instant Download Digital Stamp

I used my trusty Copics for coloring, adding a little Atyou Spica glitter pen to her hair decorations.  For the first time in a long while, I used Copic X-Press It blending card instead of my usual Cryogen White paper.  I am not sure if there's a huge difference in the outcome, but I'd love to know your opinion. 

To color Misti Mermaid's tail, I used 2 complimentary colors and added dots using my Copic Colorless Blender.  I hope you like the textured effect it produced.  I chose Doodlebug Designs papers and cut the border, seahorse and shell embellies with a Cheery Lynn die.  The coral is from a Nestie die and sentiment, which is from a clear stamp set is cut with Crealie die and then I added shell embellies.  This image is great fun to color and I hope you like the end result:)

Wishing you a wonderful remainder of the week and look forward to seeing you all again next week.

Hugs!

4 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Audrey! Love the background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Migdalia said...

This is so adorable!! Love the mermaid.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Glennis F said...

A fantastic result, love the cute image

Carolina F. said...

Fantastic Card Audrey. LOVE the brights colors and pattern paper!